For this year there are several questions regarding what may happen in Chile. That is why the Chilean Association of Investment Fund Administrators (ACAFI), Endeavor and EY, studied the perception of the world of entrepreneurship and Venture Capital, and shared the main opportunities and risks that could exist in the short and medium term.
The study had the participation of 15 high-impact Endeavor entrepreneurs and 22 Venture Capital funds from our country.
Some of the questions that were asked were:
– Considers that the investment of VC in Chile for 2022 compared to 2021 will be: less, greater or equal
– Consider that your investment for 2022 compared to 2021 will be: less, greater or equal
– Do you plan to incorporate a new business/line of business in 2022?
– Will you have a strategy for raising resources for the next two years?
– What do you think will be the main sources of financing for the industry in the next 12 months?
– What do you consider to be the main risks for the industry in the next 3 years?
– What do you consider to be the main opportunities for the industry in the next 3 years?
In summary, the study concludes that 2022 will be a year of greater local investment, where entrepreneurs’ own investment will also increase compared to 2021.
The majority of venture capital startups and funds surveyed plan to incorporate a new business or line of business during the coming year.
All the ventures that participated in the survey are interested in internationalizing or continuing to expand, as are the vast majority of Venture Capital. The United States and Latin America are his main preferences.
The raising of resources is planned both nationally and internationally, with the ventures being the ones that have a greater tendency to search outside the country compared to the Venture Capital.
Uncertainty and regulatory changes appear as the main risks for the industry in the next 3 years. The economic slowdown, meanwhile, is mentioned by 20% of startups and 9% of Venture Capital.
When asked about the opportunities, the priorities show a certain difference between startups and Venture Capital. While the former focus on digital transformation and sustainability, the latter highlight internationalization, the interest of foreign investors and purchase opportunities.
For more information, I invite you to download the ACAFI report.